There are plenty of reasons to celebrate the arrival of spring, but first among them is the bounty of fresh edibles from our farms, fields and backyard gardens. Here are 10 super-fresh Canadian ingredients you don’t want to miss.
Spring ingredients that'll make your tastebuds sing
11 Hard knock life lessons I learnt from the Game of Life
10 cool things you can do with tape
5 everyday ailments you can cure with tea
The Latest in Living
- NASA says it's like seeing every sunset and sunrise on Earth at the same time.
- You’ll be the belle of the bake sale with these simple-to-make treats. They’re reminiscent of traditional date squares, but tropical fruit and juice up the appeal for kids and adults alike
- This flavourful, tea-based broth steeps in a French coffee press with spices. It serves as a perfect base for a vegetable version of Vietnamese pho, a comforting noodle soup.
- She'll most likely succeed.
- From curing upset stomachs to improving concentration, the healing powers of tea are sure to make you reach for a second cup.
- Grandmas aren't afraid of anything. Maybe it's a Dutch thing?
- A little store-bought help takes the mundane chicken nugget from boring to wow.
- Batkid's always here to save the day.
- If you're going to spend two hours with a character, it helps if they change in some way. Sometimes they discover a new way of looking at the world and sometimes the world discovers a new way of looking at them. Thanks to major changes in hairstyle, wardrobe and even gender, these characters experience the most memorable movie makeovers. By Jonathan Doyle
- Oh, no! Did Katy Perry offend her colourist prior to her hair disaster? Don't worry, when green hair emergencies and other fashion blunders happen, we've got your fast fix. Here are the worst looks of the week (and how to fix 'em). By Jayne Heaton