2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
2 cups 35 per cent whipping cream
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
the zest of one orange
1 tsp salt
Yields about 15 scones
1. Preheat your convection oven to 190°C / 375°F (If cooking without convection heat, we recommend slightly increasing the temperature to 200°C / 400°F)
2. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
3. Zest the orange into the cream and infuse for five minutes.
4. Slowly incorporate the cream into the dry ingredients being careful to mix as little as possible. It should just come together and be tacky but not pasty.
5. Using a tablespoon, drop the scone batter onto a non-stick backing sheet and sprinkle the top with a little extra sugar.
6. Bake for 8-11 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Craig Harding, Campagnolo restaurant and Panasonic Canada.