- Having loved ones over for a break? It can be tough to make everyone feel at home. But with a little bit of planning, you can make your casa their casa, ensuring a happier visit for all. By Erin Henderson
- We caught up with Chef Mark McEwan to learn more about his top holiday entertaining tips; find out how to host your own stress-free festive celebration. (Image: Mark McEwan)
- Ideas on what to eat and what to avoid on the night before Christmas, in case your gut-busting day is the 25th.
- Don't spend a mortgage payment going out for dinner and dancing to welcome 2014. Throw your own incredible soiree at home.
- Holidays and sparkling wine go hand in hand. The pretty bubbles, the refreshingly crisp flavours and the sleek stemware just make you want to pop the cork and celebrate.
- Culinary superstar, Roger Mooking, lets us in on his little secrets for fuss-free entertaining this holiday season.
- What better way to surprise your loved ones over the holidays than with something sweet? Christine shares one her family favourites – perfect for an indulgent breakfast or afternoon snack!
- Get the kids busy on Christmas morning by getting them to help you with this recipe. We suggest you make a double batch.
- Got overnight guests for the holidays? Wake them up with this sweet breakfast.
- Love it or hate it, tis the season for the sweet, boozy bevvy and everyone from Starbucks to Jamba Juice is getting in on the holiday action.
- Served in the Hendricks’ Kissing Booth at Toronto’s Christmas Market in the Distillery District, this cocktail will put anyone in an amorous mood.
- This eggnog recipe from David Wolowidnyk, bar manager at Vancouver’s West Restaurant + Bar, uses almond milk instead of dairy making it a good option for lactose intolerant nog lovers.
- This week's stars were all over the place with their fashion selections, and we're not sure what they were thinking. Katie Holmes can't pull off kiddie prints like Suri can, and Maitland Ward doesn't do "naked" as well as Miley. Good news though ladies, we can help! Here are the worst looks of the week and how to fix 'em. By Jayne Heaton
- We're only halfway through the Cambridges' tour of Australia and New Zealand, but it's already been sooo good. The best way to get an inside look at what's been happening Down Under is through Prince George's Instagram, which is royally awesome (and royally fake, but why nitpick?). But if you were hoping to find pictures of anyone other than Prince George, think again. As with any human under the age of two, there is only one star in the room: him. By Denette Wilford
- It's been 102 years since the 'Titanic' sank on April 15, 1912. But how much of what you know about that fateful night is based in fact and how much is based in film? While James Cameron was obsessive about getting many details right in his 1997 Oscar-winning blockbuster, he was careless about many others. Here's a look at 11 of his film's most egregious errors. By Jonathan Doyle
- When twin bombs went off at the Boston Marathon in 2013, the city plunged into chaos. Many lives of both participants and spectators alike would never be the same. A year later, survivors of that harrowing day returned to the finish line to share their thoughts on healing and moving on. Dear World, an organization that shares stories from people around the world, glimpsed into some of the lives of these brave men and women. Although some days they struggle, the survivors sure as hell aren't giving up"and that's something we call all learn from.
- Do you ever wonder if your waste-not-want-not tendencies are leading you down the slippery slope toward a hoarder lifestyle? If any of the scenarios below sound familiar, take heart. We not only understand your challenges but also have suggestions to help you make a clean start. By Liz Fleming