No-cook zucchini lasagna
- Soft Goat’s cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Olive oil
Season goats cheese with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Thinly slice zucchini or use a mandolin for thinner pieces. Cut all tomatoes in half or slices. Lay 1 strip onto a plate. Layer with seasoned cheese, tomato, basil and pepper. Repeat once more and top off with zucchini, basil and a drizzle of olive oil.
Cold evening salad with fixings in a muffin tin for everyone to add to themselves
- beans (white beans, chickpeas or aduki beans)
- diced peppers and tomatoes
- cashews and seeds
- feta cheese
- leftover chicken or shrimp
The usual dips and pita or veggie sticks.
Rice Paper Wraps
This recipe makes 3 – 4 wraps. Note: Best made fresh, so prepare veggies the night before and assemble in the morning. Send to school in an airtight container.
- 3 – 4 dry rice paper wraps (found at supermarkets and health food stores)
- 1/2 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 yellow, red or green pepper, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 6 cm cucumber cut into thin strips
- 6 strips of tofu, chicken, smoked or salmon
- handful of sunflower seed sprouts, optional
- 1 section of vermicelli noodles, cooked*
Fill a bowl or shallow plate with water. Dip dry rice paper wraps into the water for 10 seconds. Lift out and place on plastic chopping board or a plate.
Lay fillings along the centre of the rice wrap. Fold in one end, and wrap one side over the fillings lay flat. Continue by rolling rice wrap over until it forms a long roll. Leave unfolded end open or twist to keep fillings in. Serve with soy or plum sauce.
*Cook noodles by placing in boiling water for 3 – 5 minutes. Drain and toss with olive oil and soy sauce
Still hungry? Take a look at these other delicious recipe ideas: