- The countdown is on. In a moment of festive foolhardiness, you agreed to host the family holiday gathering and now, just hours before the party is scheduled to begin, you're staring at your less-than-tidy house, hating Martha Stewart, and wondering where you're ever going to stash all your clutter. Don't panic - we've all been there and we know some great tricks. by Liz Fleming
- If you're hunting for a new job or planning to make a change in your current career then it's time to review your resume. LinkedIn analysts have once again compiled the most used but least effective "buzz" words commonly found in resumes. If you want to stand out, try to stay away from these five words that are vague and lazy. Rather talk more about what you do and what you've accomplished. by Gina Monaco
Latest News Stories
- A powerful winter storm that hit Eastern Canada Saturday night has grounded dozens of flights and left thousands of people without power, with more of the same dangerous mix of snow, rain and ice pellets expected to wreak havoc over the rest of the weekend.
- It may not be much of a surprise that public health professionals are reporting a rise in flu cases, but it's the dominant strain that has caught them off guard. It appears that H1N1, or swine flu, which first appeared in Canada in 2009, is back.
- Two U.S. astronauts successfully removed an old pump on the International Space Station on Saturday, completing the first of a number of planned spacewalks to repair the broken cooling line.
- A pre-flight tweet about AIDS and Africa sent from the account of a major U.S. media company's public relations representative kept thousands of Twitter users up all night following the hashtag #HasJustineLandedYet.