- As most Canadians adjust clocks to daylight time this Sunday, a sleep disorder expert warns that losing the one hour of sleep could have some serious health consequences. The annual 'spring forward' has been linked to an increase in traffic and workplace accidents, as well as an increased risk of heart attacks and stroke in the first week following the time change.
Latest CTV News
- The debate over daylight time has been ticking since the 18th century, when the prevailing notion was that it would actually save money, as more daylight hours meant less electricity consumption.
- The latest SeaWorld ambassador is coming under fire as calls to end the practice of keeping whales in captivity grow.
- The first sign that a Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 may have crashed came Saturday, when two large oil slicks were spotted close to where the aircraft went missing earlier in the day.
- Members of an ultra-orthodox Jewish sect who left Canada after an Ontario court ordered the removal of 14 children have been placed on a flight bound for Toronto, CTV News has confirmed.