- Kimmo Timmonen's shot through a crowd beat Jonathan Bernier to pull the Philadelphia Flyers within one of the Toronto Maple Leafs at 2-1 late in the second period. You can follow the action with TSN's GameTracker.
More Sports News from TSN.ca
- Newcomer Ales Hemsky had three assists as the struggling Ottawa Senators defeated the Winnipeg Jets 5-3 on Saturday afternoon. It was Hemsky's second game and first points with Ottawa since he was acquired last Wednesday in a trade with the Edmonton Oilers and slotted on to the Senators' top line.
- Quebec's Jean-Michel Menard will play Alberta's Kevin Koe to see who will challenge British Columbia for the Canadian men's curling championship. Menard defeated Manitoba's Jeff Stoughton 7-6 in the 3-4 playoff Saturday in a game that saw Stoughton and third Jon Mead struggle with shotmaking at the Tim Hortons Brier.
- Rostislav Klesla will not be joining the Buffalo Sabres. The 31-year-old defencemen was to the Sabres alongside G Michal Neurvith on Trade Deadline day. "With all due respect to the Sabres organization, I decided this week not to continue playing hockey this season. It has been a tough year for injury and moving several times to new teams," Klesla said in a statement.
- Ryan Miller stopped 26 shots, and David Backes broke up a scoreless game in the second period, helping the St. Louis Blues beat the surging Colorado Avalanche 2-1 Saturday in a Central Division showdown. Patrik Berglund added a pivotal insurance goal early in the third period as the Blues won their fourth straight.
- The Columbus Blue Jackets announced Saturday that defenceman Ryan Murray will miss 4-to-6 weeks after undergoing arthroscopic surgery on his knee. Murray suffered the injury during a 2-1 win in Toronto on Monday, and will likely miss the rest of the regular season.
- Washington Capitals prospect Evgeny Kuznetsov has signed an entry level contract and will make his debut for the team on Monday against the Pittsburgh Penguins. Kuznetsov, who was selected by the Capitals in the first round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, has been playing for his hometown team Chelyabinsk Traktor of the KHL.
- Jose Bautista hit his third home run of the spring for the Toronto Blue Jays in a 4-3 victory Saturday over the Minnesota Twins, who got three scoreless innings from newcomer Phil Hughes. Hughes signed a $24 million, three-year contract in the off-season after spending his first seven seasons with the New York Yankees.
- Eron Harris scored 28 points, Juwan Staten added 24 and West Virginia withstood 41 points by freshman Andrew Wiggins and a furious comeback by No. 8 Kansas to upset the Jayhawks 92-86 in their Big 12 regular-season finale Saturday.
- Patrick Reed had a 3-under 69 in tamer conditions Saturday at Doral to take a two-shot lead into a final round that will prominently feature Tiger Woods for the first time this year. Reed played a four-shot stretch around the turn in 4-under par to surge into the lead. He did enough right on the closing holes to keep his distance over PGA champion Jason Dufner (68) and Hunter Mahan (71).
- Brad Keselowski overcame electrical trouble and held off Kyle Busch on Saturday to win the Nationwide Series race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway for the first time. In his eighth start in Vegas, Keselowski earned his 28th career Nationwide win on his 20th track.
- Alexander Gustafsson handed Jimi Manuwa his first MMA defeat in the main event of the UFC Fight Night card at Saturday night at O2 Arena. Gustafsson controlled the first round after getting top position on a throw, and came out much more forcefully in the second, buckling Manuwa with a Muay Thai knee, and finishing him off with strikes on the ground.
- Free agent starter Ervin Santana is close to finding a home for 2014. CBS Sports' Jon Heyman is reporting that Santana will sign a one-year deal, likely in the next two days with one of a trio of suitors, with the Toronto Blue Jays believed to be heavily involved.
- The Winning Jets produced 49 shots on goal on Saturday against the Ottawa Senators but still fell in a 5-3 decision. The five goals against were the most since Paul Maurice took over as head coach. Dennis Beyak of TSN Radio 1290 has more post-game reaction from Winnipeg.
- Even with a 51-point game and a Slam Dunk Contest title on his resume - two dunk titles, depending on whether or not you took this year's contest seriously - Terrence Ross is still taking people by surprise, even his own teammates. TSN 1050's Josh Lewenberg explains.
- Despite a tweet reporting Ervin Santana to the Blue Jays as a done deal Saturday morning, the last marquee pitcher on the market remains a free agent. The report made for an interesting day at Florida Auto Exchange Stadium, where TSN Blue Jays reporter Scott MacArthur has more on how Santana might fit in Toronto's rotation.
- Malaysia Airlines has confirmed that two Canadians were onboard a missing plane bound for Beijing. At a news conference, a Malaysia Airlines representative confirmed the Canadians were among the 239 people on the plane, which lost contact with air traffic control two hours in to the flight.