- The groupings are set for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil. Take part in TSN.ca's live draw chat with TSN Radio 690 soccer analyst Noel Butler live now and get instant analysis from TSN's Luke Wileman and Jason deVos.
More Sports News from TSN.ca
- The Seattle Mariners appear to have gotten their man. According Jon Morosi of Fox Sports, the Mariners have agreed to a ten-year contract worth $240 million with free agent second baseman Robinson Cano. The two sides have reportedly agreed to a ten-year contract worth $240 million.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs will be without the services of Tyler Bozak for a lot longer than anticipated, as the club has placed him on the long-term injured reserve list. As per the National Hockey League's collective bargaining agreement, Bozak must remain there for a minimum of 10 games or 24 days.
- The Houston Texans have fired head coach Gary Kubiak after the team lost their 11th straight game on Thursday night. The Texans began their season with two wins and had high expectations following two straight playoff appearances.
- The Ottawa Redblacks named former Calgary Stampeders defensive co-ordinator Rick Campbell as their inaugural head coach on Friday. Campbell is a 15-year CFL coaching veteran but the Ottawa appointment is his first as a head coach.
- Curtis Granderson appears to be on the move, but staying in New York. According to Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports, the New York Mets have agreed to a four-year contract worth $60 million with the free-agent outfielder.
- It appears the Houston Astros have bolstered their starting rotation. According to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports, the Astros have agreed to terms with starter Scott Feldman on a three-year, $30 million contract, pending a physical.
- The Toronto Raptors have dropped a season-high four straight games and no loss was more disappointing than the opener of a three-game western trek earlier this week. The Raptors will try to put their recent setback out of memory when they visit the Phoenix Suns tonight at US Airways Center. Watch the game on TSN2 at 9pm et/6pm pt.
- Having won back-to-back games for just the second time this season, the Calgary Flames will try to extend their winning run on Friday night as they play host to the Colorado Avalanche.
- The Vancouver Canucks returned home on their first winning streak in over a month. The Canucks try to keep heading in the right direction on Friday night when they begin their homestand against the Phoenix Coyotes.
- The Maple Leafs have recalled defenceman John-Michael Liles from the AHL's Toronto Marlies. Liles becomes the eighth defenceman on the roster, and his promotion raises the question of the immediate future of 19-year-old Morgan Rielly. Rielly was not named to Team Canada's selection camp roster for the upcoming IIHF World Junior Championship, but the Leafs did not rule out the possibility of letting him go.
- TSN.ca presents its latest weekly power rankings for the 2013-14 Barclays Premier League season. Rankings were weighted evenly between separate lists made by TSN Radio host and soccer analyst Gareth Wheeler as well as TSN.ca's soccer editors.
- According to a report, the Texas Rangers are working on a deal with free agent catcher JP Arencibia. FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal was first with the information late on Thursday night. The 27-year-old Arencibia became a free agent on Monday night when the Toronto Blue Jays non-tendered the former Tennessee Volunteer after a disappointing 2013 season and signed Dioner Navarro to a two-year, $8 million deal.
- If you want to look at the cold hard facts, the Kansas City Royals are now the only team in the Majors with a longer post-season drought than the Blue Jays. But, as Scott Ferguson of TSN Radio 1050 writes, the Royals have to be a favourite for one of the two Wild Card slots, making it even more difficult for the Blue Jays to make it into the post-season.
- The Jets are back to an even 13-13-4 on the season, 6-7-1 on the road and 3-2 on their current six-game road trip after dropping a 5-2 decision to the Florida Panthers. These are frustrating games for players, coaches and fans - games where you know you are the better team but where "any team can beat you on any given night" comes into play. TSN 1290 Jets broadcaster Dennis Beyak has more.
- Back in the summer months, when Randy Carlyle and his coaching staff were playing around with the organizational depth chart, envisioning line combinations and such, they had almost no expectation that Trevor Smith would contribute to the level he has in recent weeks. TSN Radio 1050's Jonas Siegel has more.
- Everyone knows it isn't enough to buy a new smartphone. You need accessories to go with it, too. As a perennial best-seller, Apple's iPhone has become one of the most accessorized mobile devices out there. If you can imagine it, chances are it's available for sale somewhere. But availability and affordability don't always get along. Once you're finished buying the phone and you start paying the monthly bill, you'd be forgiven for not having leftover budget for cases, chargers and other necessities of modern mobile life. That's why the holiday season was invented. And why we've compiled this handy list of cheap - but not fall-apart-cheap - accessories for your iPhone. By Carmi Levy.