- Toronto Maple Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle wasn't giving specifics about Tyler Bozak's upper-body injury suffered Tuesday against San Jose, but said the team's No. 1 centre was having an MRI to determine its severity. Also, forward Phil Kessel left practice early, as Carlyle explained he had to leave the ice after suffering a 'tweak' and, "wasn't feeling well in one area of his body."
More Sports News from TSN.ca
- With Peter Budaj in goal tonight, the surging Montreal Canadiens will try to complete a home-and-home sweep when they visit the New Jersey Devils. Watch it live on Wednesday Night Hockey on the NHL on TSN at 7pm et/4pm pt. You can also listen to the game live on TSN Radio Montreal 690 and TSN.ca/Montreal.
- The NFL has announced that Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin has been fined $100,000 for interfering with a play during last Thursday night's Thanksgiving loss to the Baltimore Ravens. The league also announced that a modification or forfeiture of draft choices will be considered once the 2014 draft order is determined.
- Just two days after surprisingly watching from the bench for a second straight game, No. 1 goalie Henrik Lundqvist agreed to a long-term extension with the New York Rangers on Wednesday. Lundqvist, in the final season of a six-year, $41.25 million deal, agreed to a seven-year contract reportedly worth $59.5 million. His salary-cap charge would rise from $6.875 million to $8.5 million and make him the NHL's highest-paid goalie.
- Another CFL head coaching vacancy has been filled up by another former Toronto Argonauts assistant, as multiple sources tell TSN Radio 1290's Gary Lawless of the Winnipeg Free Press that Mike O'Shea will be named head coach of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. O'Shea has been Toronto's special teams coordinator since 2010.
- Jennifer Jones is alone in first place in the women's standings at the Canadian Olympic curling trials after cruising to an 8-3 win over Stefanie Lawton in Draw 9. Jones broke her game open in the seventh end, when she scored three points to take a 6-2 lead. The Winnipeg skip improves to 4-1.
- Catch a four-pack of multi-platform coverage from the Barclay's Premier League on Wednesday as David Moyes faces his former squad when Manchester United faces Everton at 2pm et/11am pt on TSN2. And on TSN.ca, you can watch live streaming of three BPL matches, including Liverpool vs. Norwich, Arsenal vs. Hull City and Swansea vs. Newcastle - all at 2:45pm et/11:45am pt.
- Grey Cup MVP Kory Sheets is one of five Saskatchewan Roughriders named to the 2013 CFL all-star team. But the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, runners-up in last month's CFL championship game, failed to place a single player on the team voted on by the Football Reporters of Canada and the league's head coaches.
- The Calgary Flames hope to put together a winning streak as they host the Phoenix Coyotes at the Scotiabank Saddledome on Wednesday night. The Flames recently halted a two-game slide with Saturday's road victory over Los Angeles, giving Calgary its third win in six games after suffering through an 0-5-1 drought from Nov. 5-16.
- TSN gets you set up for the World Junior Hockey Championship with the 2014 World Junior Championship: Countdown Show, tonight at 10:30pm et/7:30pm pt on TSN immediately following the NHL on TSN Wednesday night game between the Montreal Canadiens and New Jersey Devils.
- The defending World Junior champions have unveiled their selection camp roster for the 2014 tournament in Malmo Sweden. USA Hockey announced 26 invitees Wednesday for its selection camp to be held Dec. 15-18 in Minneapolis. The final 22-man roster will be named Dec. 23.
- Buffalo Bills president Russ Brandon is expressing concern over whether his team loses a competitive edge by playing annual home games in Toronto. During his weekly show on Buffalo's WGR-AM on Wednesday, Brandon said "nothing comes above winning," before adding the benefits of the "Bills In Toronto" series will be "reviewed in a grand manner."
- The Chicago White Sox have re-signed first baseman Paul Konerko to a one-year, $2.5 million contract according to Major League Baseball's official Twitter account. Konerko, 37, hit 12 home runs and drove in 54 runs in 126 games with the White Sox in 2013.
- The Leafs are hanging onto what positivity they can muster amid a season-long losing streak that struck five games on Tuesday night. Despite an engaged effort, they were beaten on this night by one of the league's premier teams, San Jose now a winner in nine of the past 10 games. TSN Radio 1050's Jonas Siegel has more.
- It's not the first time that the New York Yankees have raided the Boston Red Sox for a free agent outfielder and the Bronx Bombers weren't shy about offering big money for an outfielder that is a premier base stealer, when healthy. Numbers Game looks at the Yankees' addition of Jacoby Ellsbury.
- TSN basketball analyst Jack Armstrong offers six thoughts on the poor play of J.R. Smith, the continued success of Tim Duncan, the arrival of Trey Burke, the return of Ryan Anderson, the removal of Lawrence Frank from the Brooklyn Nets coaching staff and the great fans that support the Golden State Warriors.
- Ever since she shimmied down a school hallway in a not-quite-regulation school uniform, Britney Spears's attire has been shocking and awing. Looking back, those so-called scandalous outfits have become modern pop culture legends, as harmless as Elvis Presley's gyrating hips, while some of the missteps feel more like a cry for help. For better or for worse, the pop star everyone thought was disposable has found everlasting fame with these 10 unforgettable looks. We rank her highs and lows on a scale of one to five Britneys. By Ryan Porter
- When you think about it, bathrooms are very important rooms. Unlike, say, a family room or an office, you can't really avoid using a bathroom for even a day. And since master baths are where homeowners typically do their business, it makes sense that they'd be the finest bathrooms in a home. Here are 10 examples of truly beautiful master bathrooms. By Brandon Miller