The Loop Sports Blog
- It's the only sport where you'll meet The Sneak Thief, Cool Papa, Baby Giraffe and The Blade.
- Don Cherry has a right to his opinion, but he doesn't have the right to make up his own facts.
- But 38 years ago, he was among first NHL coaches to let them in.
- Paying $1,593.50 for a pair of playoff tickets is outrageous. It is more than the monthly income of many senior citizens in this country, more than the monthly take-home pay of minimum wage workers.
- At best, he comes across as a jerk. At worst, he sounds like a caveman.
- Some guys just can't handle the playoffs.
- Playin' on a prayer?
- So far as we near the end of April, the Toronto Blue Jays have disappointed. It turns out the play on the field isn’t the only thing that’s disappointing.
Increasingly reports of unruly fan behavior in the cheap seats at the Rogers Centre is drawing as much attention as the Jays’ pathetic play.
- For about 15 minutes on Sunday, Nail Yakupov of the Edmonton Oilers was branded an insensitive racist by some reactionaries for a rather innocent tweet.
- Because it's unsportsmanlike... and gross.
More From The Loop Sports Blog
- Quiet, shy and polite by nature, Tavares may have no choice but to step out of the shadows and embrace his role as one of the game's elite young players.
- "It was extremely emotional"
- Canadians love punching.
- Yep, even the Yankees.
- Across the league, fans put petty rivalries aside and showed their support for Beantown.
- Tolerance and a well-timed goal goes a long way.
- A car, a ski hill and 1,000 cameras.
- It's as funny as you think.
- The Masters' home club admits its first female members
- When fate shines on you, take advantage, man.
- Mike Weir says he didn’t think much of his Masters anniversary until recently when a documentary film crew started following him.
- Regardless of whether he wins the Hart Trophy, it's safe to say Ovechkin is regaining his superstar form.
- Long arms are also useful off the basketball court.
- When is a concussion a "concussion"?
- Each spring, hockey drives a wedge between friends and family. This year just could be the perfect storm.
- College basketball coach fired for abusive conduct
- While city slickers react in horror to a moose leg being thrown onto the ice, folks in Western Canada are wondering what the big deal is.
- I for one welcome our hovercraft overlords
- Hartnell used his cult-like following to harass and intimidate this woman. And shame on him for doing so.
- BC-born triplets to bring their hockey skills to Minnesota