Strange & Unusual
Click on a video from the selection below and it will appear in the player.
Strange and Unusual Videos
More Strange and Unusual Videos
- Bacon lovers visiting Atlantic City, New Jersey are in for a treat as the Garden State celebrates Bacon Week.
- It's probably the last thing you would expect to find in the middle of Sochi's Olympic park. Hidden behind a screen of fir trees, a Christian cemetery sits alongside stadiums, food stalls and the Olympic flame.
- A sprawling mansion in New Jersey said to be haunted by the ghosts of nuns has sold for $4.5 million.
- A once-injured pelican plays sidekick to his human rescuer. Bill Churchwell has the unusual story of man's other best friend.
- A deer frantically popped out of a trunk in Michigan. The driver of the car had hit the deer and thought he had killed the animal.
- A hen in China is getting attention after producing some giant eggs. One egg even contained two yolks and another egg completely intact.
- A 13-year-old dog has lived to wag his tail after vets performed emergency surgery to remove more than 100 pennies from his stomach.
- Mark Carlson has the story of an Iowa City police officer who turned a speeding ticket into a very special delivery.
- Hands up if you find it difficult"if not impossible"to get to the gym three times a week. Or even once a week. Not everyone is as fortunate as Corporal Erin Anderson of CFB Borden who gets paid to include exercise in her work week. Even with allotted fitness time and access to world-class facilities, however, she concedes, "it's a challenge to find time to keep up my fitness levels." The good news is that there are dozens of ways to sneak exercise into your life. Even 10 minutes of cardio a day will help lower your risk of disease, reduce stress and improve sleep. That's the key: routine. Choosing physical activity over staying stationary should become so automatic that you don't even need to plan for it.