We’re going to need another bandage.
When the mother of 3-year-old Paul Franklin noticed a ‘big puss ball’ on her son’s knee, she gave it a squeeze and was shocked when a snail came sliding out.
Even freakier, the creature was still alive.
But let’s back up a little. Paul had been on a camping trip with his family when he tripped and fell on the beach. His parents didn’t think much of the little scrape that it left on him, so they slapped on a band aid and went about their day.
Doctors are now saying a snail egg probably slid into Paul’s wound during the impact.
When the injury still hadn’t healed after three weeks, and the inside of it looked black, Paul’s mother decided to investigate. That’s when they met the snail that Paul later named Turbo, but the little guy died only a day later.
Image Credit: PRAKASH MATHEMA/AFP/GettyImages