Sharon Osbourne usually makes headlines for firing back at people. This time, however, it’s because of an actual fire. The America’s Got Talent judge woke up on Thursday morning to find her living room in flames. The culprit: an unattended candle.
According to E! News, Osbourne heard what sounded like “metal hitting the tile.” She originally thought the noise was caused by the dropping of a key, but she later realized it was far more serious.
On Thursday’s The Talk, Osbourne opened up about the scary incident, adding that suddenly her “eyes [were] stinging and [her] throat [was] closing up.”
She continued, “My dogs started to bark, so I go out of the bedroom, I go downstairs and the whole living room … the candle had burst and the cracking sound was the glass in the candle exploding.”
According to reports, Osbourne’s husband, rocker Ozzy, tried using his casted arm from a recent surgery to put out the fire. In the meantime, his wife grabbed some water.
“The water, it erupted!” she said on the CBS talker. “Ozzy’s hair, from here to here, [was] gone.”
“And we are like two idiots. It was like The Three Stooges. Everything you are not meant to do — go to bed with candles alight, open the doors and put water on — we did it all.”
TMZ reports that firefighters responded to Osbourne’s call for help at approximately 4:45 a.m. They arrived before the blaze did some serious damage and reportedly passed on some fire safety tips to the couple. It’s safe to say the duo has learned their lesson.
“Please, everybody always check all the candles lit in the house before going to bed,” Osbourne told the website. “I didn’t, and at 5 a.m. this morning I was met with five gorgeous men from the BH Fire Department as they put out the fire in my house.”
Thoughts? Sound off below.
The Talk airs weekdays at 2 p.m. ET on Global/CBS.