Style Beauty
  • Facebook
    Facebook
  • Twitter
    Twitter
  • Pinterest
    Pinterest
  • +
  • Linkedin
    Linkedin
  • WhatsApp
    WhatsApp
  • Email
    Email
SHARE THIS
  • Facebook
    Facebook
  • Twitter
    Twitter
  • Pinterest
    Pinterest
  • Linkedin
    Linkedin
  • WhatsApp
    WhatsApp
  • Email
    Email

You can get anything on Amazon these days. Dry goods and select groceries. Toys, clothes and beauty products. A hair dryer that will literally torch your tresses…

One American woman probably wasn’t looking for that particular product when she invested in OraCorp’s Salon Grade Hair Dryer from the popular online retailer. But that’s what she got when she plugged her new machine in to style her damp hair, and found it shooting fire at her instead.

Um, holy fiery hell doesn’t even begin to describe the reaction we’d have in her place.

Most people who might find themselves in that situation would probably just shakily pull the thing out of the socket and tell Amazon, no? Not Erika Augthun Shoolbred. Since it is the age of social media after all, the South Carolina woman whipped out her smartphone, filmed the ordeal and then posted it to her Facebook account.

“Oh my gosh. I cannot freaking believe this,” she says in the video, which was posted Jan. 29. “Fire is coming out of the hair dryer!”

If you ask us, she’s probably pretty thankful that the fire didn’t shoot out towards her hair and face. That’s a pretty serious manufacturer’s defect… one that could have been a lot more serious and harmful. As it stands, the woman did suffer a burn to her hand, but it could have been so, so much worse.

“Talk about a bad hair day,” she added to the post, proving that she has an amazing sense of humour when faced with an electrifying situation. “Blow torch on its first use.”

At the end of the day it’s probably a good thing that Shoolbred was able to “capture the moment” and share it on social media, because the now-viral video has since prompted Amazon to remove the product from its site. So far, no one else has reported a shoddy model, but then again we don’t really know too many other people who would think to capture such a horrifying experience on their phone.

Oh, and in case you’re wondering, at time of press Shoolbred still hadn’t heard from the manufacturer, but Amazon did give her a full refund.

Talk about a red-hot hairstyle, huh?

 

 

COMMENTS