Happy birthday to The Boy Who Lived. Harry Potter (who shares a birthday with creator J.K. Rowling) turns 34 today, and we have some ideas about how you can celebrate with your own inner wizard.
1. Drink yourself silly with Butterbeer, which you naturally consume from your own Goblet of Fire
2. Go camping in magical, inflated tents and then have a good old fashioned dance party
3. Head to the game with some of your hardcore Quidditch loving friends for a magical night. Ok, baseball, soccer or football will do if you’re having problems with your Portkey again.
4. Kick out the negative Nellys and throw a patronus party
5. Trick a friend into actually eating Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans by pretending they taste delicious.
6. Commit your to your eternal fandom with a Harry Potter tattoo
7. Get all your friends to dress up in Gryffindor colours and do their version of the Bacon Sizzle dance
8. Make your own Harry Potter wand, and tell all of your friends a house elf gave it to you, just to see their reaction.
9. Send a friend an anonymous Hogwarts acceptance letter, and say you got one too
10. Head out to a remote old cabin and celebrate solo so that your friends feel guilty they didn’t throw you a surprise party last year
11. Recreate Hagrid’s squashed, sticky chocolate cake, (with green icing, naturally), and eat it all to yourself because you’re sad the series is finished.