In case you haven’t heard the earth-shattering news (and how could you not), Downton Abbey has come to an end. Awful, right? We still don’t know what we’re going to do without our weekly dose of Crawley craziness.
The good news is that creator Julian Fellowes is open to the idea of doing a Downton Abbey movie in the future. Sure, we know. Lots of writers and actors say they’re open to doing a movie, but few of them ever do. Well we hope that this one actually happens. We’re so excited about it in fact, that we’ve cobbled together 12 sorta ridiculous plot points that we’d even pay money to see if this thing comes to the big screen.
1. Sybil and Matthew return from the dead and collect the kids. Turns out they were secret lovers and faked their deaths to be with each other.
Hey — it could happen. Like Sybil could resist this debonair stud.
2.The Crawleys get a new pup and the entire movie is told from the dog’s point of view.
3. Bates goes on a killing spree after someone steals his travelling hat. Anna finally stops him and the two run away like Bonnie and Clyde.
Now that’s true love.
4. Tom becomes an alcoholic and the entire family plots an intervention. Mary thinks the whole thing is ridiculous and takes matters into her own hands. A night in jail ensues.
It’s an unwritten law that in-laws get more booze with dinner.
5. Isobel and Violet profess they have more than friendly feelings for one another and an official LGBT Downton Abbey relationship ensues.
Granny spends the rest of the movie working out her intimacy issues.
6. Barrow schemes to overthrow Carson when the head butler suffers a concussion after slipping in the kitchen. Mrs. Hughes is more worried about the wedding.
Always scheming, that one…
7. Alfred returns to profess his just-realized love for Daisy. Now that he’s been without her, he and wants to whisk her away with him on his fancy chef career. But is he too late?
Girl has learned to stand up for herself.
8. Mrs. Patmore is forced to modernize the entire kitchen, leading to a severe panic attack. Daisy then takes over, while the Crawleys send Mrs. Patmore to take care of Gran full time. She hates change too.
You kind of want to hug her, right?
9. Molesley inherits a great sum of money from a long lost relative and returns (all cleaned up) to Downtown as a poker guest. A vein in Barrow’s forehead ruptures, forcing one of the staff to step in as a nurse.
Everybody needs a win once in a while.
10. Pippa Middleton guests as Cora’s long lost sister and rightful heir to all the family money. Chaos ensues until she reveals she is dying of a mysterious disease and just wanted to see Cora one more time.
11. The movie concludes with a peek into the future, Downton has become a museum. Young George is now a grown man taking a group of American tourists through the estate, telling the tales of days gone by.
OK so this is probably the most realistic. But how fitting would that be?
Are you holding out hope for a Downton movie? Have a plot line to add? Tell us in the comments below.