Blessed with curls? You know the truth: sometimes, curls can be a curse.
1. No matter how hard you try, humidity will never be your friend.
2. You often find yourself feeling jealous of the beautiful curls that women with straight hair can achieve with a curling iron. The reality is your curls will never be as smooth or perfect.
3. As innocent as their intentions are, you often find yourself telling your friends, family and significant other, “Please don’t touch my hair!”
4. You tried curly bangs that one time but realized they just didn’t look good, even though everyone told you they did.
5. People always ooh and aah over your straightened hair like it’s superior to your natural curls but you can’t decide whether to be offended or delighted…so you just go with it.
6. However, you also never win because the day that you straighten your hair, it always rains. And no matter how straight you’ve gotten your curly hair, as soon as water or dampness hits, it starts to curl.
7. Curly hair only looks good for two days before losing its definition and becoming a big frizz ball, so you always give in and wash it. *Sigh*
8. You have a strict schedule for when you wash your hair and these days are planned down to the minute to allow for an adequate amount of time for drying and styling your ‘do.
9. And when you’re done? You go to clean your tub and you’re always surprised to find a drain full of hair.
10. Drying your hair without a diffuser or some other crazy hair dryer attachment is basically a disaster.
11. Sometimes you accidentally fall asleep with wet hair and wake up with the worst bed head.
12. Finding a stylist who knows how to cut your curly hair is like finding a frizz-fighting product that actually works.
13. No matter how embarrassing it is, once you find a hair tool or product that works with your curly hair, you use it for life.