You might be a cat person or your friends might even joke that you’re a cat lady. But even if you smother your cat with kisses and play with it on the regular, no cat is as spoiled as Karl Lagerfeld‘s kitty Choupette – no, not even Grumpy Cat. Karl sat down with The Cut and revealed quite a bit about his beloved furry friend, and she lives a better life than most people. It’s very bizarre. If you don’t believe us, prepare to learn 23 completely unbelievable (but very true) facts about this beautiful pussycat:
1. When Choupette travels to New York City, she stays in her own room with her own maid at the Mercer Hotel.
2. She chooses when it’s time to play. “I don’t force her. She comes naturally,” says Karl in an interview.
3. “Choupette became the most famous cat in the world, and the richest” says Karl. “She did two jobs and made 3 million euros last year ($4,086,900 CDN). One was for cars in Germany and the other was for a Japanese beauty product.”
4. She is above common cat activities like, for example, starring in a Friskies or Meow Mix commercial. On the matter, Karl says, “I don’t allow her to do foodstuffs and things like this. She’s too sophisticated for that.” Burn, other cats!
5. But she doesn’t even care if other cats are mad, because, as Karl puts it bluntly, “she hates other animals.”
6. “And she hates children,” Karl adds. Me-ow!
7. She is always with Karl and she has two personal maids. We don’t even have one personal maid.
8. Her favourite maid is one named Françoise. What does the other maid think?
9. On the maids’ duties: “They play with her, they have to take care of her beautiful white hair, the beauty treatments for her eyes, and they entertain her,” reports the Chanel designer. Ah, yes, cat eye treatments. That’s a thing.
10. Karl loves Choupette, and it’s impossible to deny. “She’s an inspiration for elegance. For attitude,” he notes.
11. He seems shocked that someone would be surprised at how much money, effort and time are spent on one cat. On one of Choupette’s doctor house calls: “The doctor had never seen a cat with so many people taking care of her,” he says.
12. The driver takes care of her, too. Wow.
13. She has an “attitude like a princess.” Adorable image.
14. “She doesn’t like to eat on the floor, so I have to put the food on the table,” notes her proud papa. “Her dishes are by Goyard. She has one for water, one for her little croquette, and one for her pâté.” Goyard dishes…for kitties?
15. Choupette gets everything. “You have to serve everything, and she makes a choice.”
16. On brushing: “Yes, she has to. You know, she has long white hair. Two times a day.”
17. She hates perfume. “Everything with a spray she hates. Room spray or even perfume—she hates it!”
18. Her cat toys are not toys at all. She plays with pieces of wood, pieces of paper and shopping bags. She loves shopping bags. (Her favourite is one from Colette.)
19. Her doctor gives her manicures. “She hates when we do it ourselves,” Karl says. “The only time she makes a scandal is then.”
20. Choupette’s maids keep a diary of her life.
21. She sleeps under a pillow.
22. She knows how to use an iPad.
23. The first paparazzi photo of Choupette was taken on January 16, 2012.
You’ve come a long way, kitty.