The road to the Oscars is almost at its end. So much campaigning. And for what? A gold man? Nah, we’re kidding. We get it. It’s prestigious! With all the photo ops and cattle calls, the leading ladies get primped out with some regularity, so there’s a lot of interesting looks to comb through. And literally every nominee from the Best Supporting Actress and Best Actress categories brings their best style game every single time.
Seriously, not a single one is phoning it in. Charlotte Rampling is the most sophisticated, opting for – and executing superbly – Yohji Yamamoto and Hermes. Saoirse Ronan and Brie Larson and Alicia Vikander and Rooney Mara are the ingenues, so they take risks that totally pay off. And then there’s the establishment like Rachel McAdams, Cate Blanchett, Jennifer Lawrence, Jennifer Jason Leigh and Kate Winslet – all women who know how to do Hollywood glamour exceedingly well.
We’ve picked the three winning looks of this campaign season for each of these lovely ladies. And we think you’re going to love what you see:
30 times the 2016 Oscar nominees slayed on the red carpet
Best Supporting Actress Nominee: Rachel McAdams1. January 17, 2016: Wearing Elie Saab Couture at the Critics' Choice Awards
2. February 06, 2016: Wearing Jonathan Simkhai at the Santa Barbara Film Festival
3. January 30, 2016: Wearing Elie Saab at the SAGs Getty Images
Best Supporting Actress Nominee: Alicia Vikander1. January 17, 2016: Wearing Mary Katrantzou at the Critics' Choice Awards
2. January 30, 2016: Wearing Louis Vuitton at the Screen Actors' Guild Awards.
3. December 6, 2015: Wearing Louis Vuitton at the British Independent Film AwardsGetty Images
Best Supporting Actress Nominee: Rooney Mara1. February 6, 2016: Wearing Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci at the Santa Barbara Film Festival
2. January 30, 2016: Wearing Valentino at the SAGs
3. January 09, 2016: Wearing Proenza Schouler at the BAFTA award season tea in Los Angeles Getty Images
Best Supporting Actress Nominee: Kate Winslet1. February 14, 2016: Wearing Antonio Berardi at the BAFTAs
2. January 10, 2016: Wearing Ralph Lauren at the Golden Globes
3. January 02, 2016: Wearing Roland Mouret at the 27th Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Getty Images
Best Supporting Actress nominee: Jennifer Jason Leigh1. January 17, 2016: Wearing Roland Mouret at the Critics' Choice Awards
2. December 14, 2015: Wearing Rodarte at the New York premiere of The Hateful Eight
3. December 07, 2015: Wearing Roland Mouret (her fave) at the Hollywood premire of The Hateful Eight Getty Images
Best Actress Nominee: Cate Blanchett1. November 17, 2015: Wearing Chanel Haute Couture at the Museum of Modern Art's Film Benefit Honoring Cate Blanchett in New York City.
2. October 17, 2015: Wearing Schiaparelli at the Truth premiere at the BFI London Film Festival
3. January 10, 2016: Wearing Givenchy at the Golden Globes Getty Images
Best Actress Nominee: Brie Larson1. November 14, 2015: Wearing Calvin Klein, at the Academy Of Motion Picture Arts And Sciences' 7th Annual Governors Awards
2. January 11, 2016: Wearing Calvin Klein, at the Golden Globes
3. October 13, 2015: Wearing Rodarte at the Los Angeles premiere of RoomGetty Images
Best Actress Nominee: Jennifer Lawrence1. November 16, 2015: Wearing Christian Dior at the premiere of Mockingjay Part 2
2. December 17, 2015: Wearing Dior Couture at the London screening of Joy
3. December 13, 2015: Wearing Dior (surprise!) at the New York premiere of JoyGetty Images
Best Actress Nominee: Saoirse Ronan1. January 10, 2016: Wearing Yves Saint Laurent at the Golden Globes
2. January 15, 2016: Wearing a sheer blouse and high-waisted black slacks by Laura Basci at MoMA Film's The Contenders screening of Brooklyn
3. January 5, 2016 Wearing Burberry at an event hosted by Burberry and Fox Searchlight Pictures that honoured the cast and filmmakers of 'Brooklyn' Getty Images
Best Actress Nominee: Charlotte Rampling1. December 11, 2015: Wearing Hermes at the EFA Film Gala
2. January 11, 2016: Wearing Yohji Yamamoto at 'Cesar - Revelations 2016' in Paris
3. February 08, 2016: Wearing Armani to the 88th Annual Academy Awards Nominee LuncheonGetty Images
Catch the 88th Academy Awards on CTV on February 28th.