What did we do with our free time prior to Ilana and Abbi landing on our screens?
Before Broad City came along, there had never been two gals quite like this power duo on television. It’s mainly because until now no network had been brave (or smart) enough to allow two women to be so crude and fabulous and for that Much, we thank you.
Since their web series days, Ilana Glazer and Abbi Jacobson have only become bigger and better as each episode comes to formation for their hit TV show. Now, with Season 2 almost at its end and Season 3 already given the green light, there is no better time than the present to embrace the many reasons we are still so obsessed with all things Broad City.
1. The first and probably most important point to make is how Ilana and Abbi actually do and say everything that floats around in your head on a day-to-day basis.
2. So, to further that point, they are just like us!
3. Amy Poehler has a heavy hand in Broad City as executive producer. Now that Parks and Rec is officially over (and we constantly need ore Amy in our lives), this is our ticket.
4. Even though he is kind of gross and thoroughly annoying, Bevers is your secret love. Except for that time he stayed on the couch for days and got sores on his body. Even that was too much for you.
5. Because Ilana does everything you wish you could do at your office job, but are nowhere near brave enough to try.
6. The thought of seeing someone twerk makes you cringe, but somehow when Ilana does it you are immediately brought to a happy place and want to clap vigorously for her efforts.
7. Or how Ilana can rock vamp lips in the dead heat of summer without it melting or moving. How is that even possible? She must be a witch.
8. You still can’t get over how incredible their tribute to Drake and Missy Elliot is and you watch it on YouTube at least once daily.
9. You realize that you definitely need an Ilana or Abbi (or both) in your circle of friends.
10. Lincoln is the sweetest man with the smallest hands you have ever seen and you are counting down the days until he and Ilana take the plunge and do it for reals.
11. The pop culture references are on point and keep every episode fresh.
12. You know deep down that Abbi would make a horrible fitness trainer, but you are still truly rooting for her to shine.
13. If you have ever had a roommate you could totally relate when Abbi danced around her apartment naked to Lady Gaga. Been there!
14. Every time Ilana says “YAS queen” you know you have found your forever spirit animal.
15. Abbi’s impression of Drew Barrymore had you in stitches because it was that good.
16. The dancing is always amazing, even when entirely awkward.
17. Jeremy is a dream boat and you still cry over the fact that he and Abbi failed miserably.
18. It taught you the true meaning of FOMO
19. … and, introduced you to the best character of all time, Val.
20. It only took two seasons to watch Trey finally get what was coming to him and once it happened it was such sweet vindication that you replayed the episode all over again just to relive that feeling.
21. Because you, Abbi, and Ilana feel exactly same about getting up to greet the day.
22. You and your BFF can totally relate to Ilana and Abbi and have told each other countless times that you guys are in fact, Abbi and Ilana 2.0
23. The girls never try to glamorize city living. They show you the cold hard facts about how much it can actually suck sometimes.
24. Even though Ilana’s obsession with Abbi can be borderline crazy, you still respect where she is coming from and long for that kind of admiration yourself.
25. So far there have been some seriously awesome cameos, which of course gives you hope for future episodes.
26. Because even at its worse the fashion choices are actually the best.
27. You feel like all the wisdom in the world can be pieced together from episode to episode.
28. It’s been two seasons and you still have no idea what Melody looks like, but like everyone else, you carry on knowing that when she does appear it is going to be epic.
29. Those times Abbi’s obnoxious outbursts feel oddly refreshing …
31. Or how they can get away with so much sexuality in a way that HBO’s Girls can’t. Which is ironic seeing as how they are constantly being compared to one another.
32. No matter what the topic, you feel as though Ilana will always try her best to act like a lady.
33. And finally because no matter what Ilana and Abbi get up to, they always look so damn cool doing it.