Campfire food doesn’t mean having to eat tasteless beans out of a can. Give your tastebuds the love they deserve and serve up these delicious alternative ideas.
Here’s what you’ll need for each recipe:
1. Chocolate-filled apples
- chocolate spread
- Slice off top of apple and dig out core with spoon.
- Fill with chocolate spread and place top back on.
- Wrap in tinfoil and place on edge of fire. Cook for 10 minutes, making sure to rotate as it cooks.
2. Upside-down pineapple cake
- brown sugar
- cake donuts
- pineapple rings
- Place knob of butter and brown sugar on top of tinfoil.
- Cut cake donut in half and place on top of butter and sugar.
- Crown donut with pineapple ring.
- Wrap in tinfoil and place on edge of fire. Cook for 5 minutes.
3. S’mores cone
- waffle cones
- mini marshmallows
- chocolate chips
- Fill waffle cone with marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Wrap in tinfoil and place one edge of fire. Cook for 3 minutes.
- soft-shelled tortillas
- grated cheese
- Spread salsa and grated cheese on tortilla shell.
- Cover with another shell.
- Wrap in tinfoil and place on edge of fire. Cook for 2 minutes and carefully remove packet with sticks.
5. Warm olives
- pitted green olives
- Place a handful of olives on a sheet of foil.
- Wrap up and place on edge of fire. Cook for 3 minutes, allow them to cool slightly and enjoy!