For the past few years, “selfies” have reigned over the internet. Photos of guys and girls with their arms outstretched and lips puckered (see duck face) are all too common on social media. Now some people are taking their selfie game a little too far. In light of the guy who took a selfie while participating in the Pamplona bull run — and is being sought by police because he put people’s lives in danger — we’ve put together a list of eight times you should definitely not take a selfie. We’d like to go back to the good old days of duck face selfies and so should you.
1. While participating in a life-threatening event. Example: Running with freaking bulls. Not only did this man put himself in harms way — he slowed down to snap the picture just inches away from the beasts — he also put others in danger. If he is found he will be fined over $4,000 and rightly so.
2. While driving. It’s already hard to talk on your phone and drive at the same time. What makes people think that a selfie would be any easier? These two women learned the hard way that their life is worth more than a video selfie. They got someone else to take their picture while at the hospital. Smart move.
3. While at a #funeral. You’re probably wondering “Who the hell takes selfies during a funeral?” Well, these people do. Someone even created a website dedicated to it. If you’re ever tempted to take a #funeralselfie, just take a look at the site. After just a few seconds, you’ll realize how tacky and disrespectful it is and you’ll put your phone away.
4. While standing in front of a moving train. This guy got a boot to the head. It could have been much worse.
5. After you get stabbed. Yes, people are now taking selfies after they’ve been attacked. Probably not the safest idea. Instead of taking photos, they should be in their hospital bed recovering.
6. While with someone else at the hospital. So this one is related to points 3 and 5. If you’re with a relative who has been admitted to a hospital, please don’t take a sad selfie with them. The girl below took it one step further by taking one with her dead grandpa. This one just hurts our heart.
7. While watching a sporting event. It’s up to you to determine how safe it is to take a selfie while at a baseball game — you might get hit by a fly ball — BUT there’s one place where you shouldn’t take one: At the Tour de France.
8. When you’re getting pulled over by a cop. You’re getting pulled over by a cop! You need to be on your best behaviour! Need we say more?