Health Wellness
  • Facebook
    Facebook
  • Twitter
    Twitter
  • Pinterest
    Pinterest
  • +
  • Linkedin
    Linkedin
  • WhatsApp
    WhatsApp
  • Email
    Email
SHARE THIS
  • Facebook
    Facebook
  • Twitter
    Twitter
  • Pinterest
    Pinterest
  • Linkedin
    Linkedin
  • WhatsApp
    WhatsApp
  • Email
    Email

When a ten-year old boy from Nova Scotia saw that his sister was choking on a candy, he sprung into action and saved her life.

Garrett Williams and his younger sister Shanna were on their way home from school when Shanna started choking. Their grandfather immediately pulled the car over and went to her aid, but Garrett noticed that his technique was off. It was Garrett’s quick action that followed that saved her. He performed a perfect Heimlich maneuver that sent the hard candy flying though the air. He learned the live-saving technique two years prior during a St. John’s Ambulance workshop at his school. The fact that he was able to remember exactly what to do is a testament to their teachings.

Chances are, you’ve had good intentions to take a first aid course, but unless it’s required by your work you probably keep pushing it off. Don’t worry, us too. But, there’s no time like the present, and Garrett is the perfect motivator to finally sign up. His sister will be forever grateful for his knowledge, and you never know when someone might need your help. Plus, “hero” has a nice ring to it.

Imgur

Tags: