- 12 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (about 3 cups/750 mL)
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped roasted red bell peppers
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Dash of hot sauce or cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced almonds, toasted
- In a food processor, combine cheese, mayonnaise, bell peppers and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Add hot sauce, if using. Pulse the processor to blend ingredients but not completely puree them.
- Scrape down the sides of the processor, taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Pulse again, then scoop out the spread into a bowl. Fold in almonds.
- Cover and refrigerate the spread for at least 30 minutes for the flavours to come together before serving.
- Makes about 2 1/2 cups (625 mL).
Recipe courtesy Almond Board of California