The ultimate food board for your next brunch!
Bring out the Bagels
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Pickled shallots
- 2 cups black grapes
- 1 cup assorted fresh berries
- 1 lemon
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 small English cucumbers
- ½ medium red onion
- 6 oz. Lox, any type
- 8 oz. whipped cream cheese, vanilla or plain
- 6 oz. spreadable white or goat cheese
- 18 mini bagels
- Fresh dill, flat-leaf or curly parsley and mint, for garnish
- Fresh edible flowers, for garnish
- Fresh fig, for garnish
WHAT YOU DO:
- Make the pickled shallots and serve in a small bowl. For a more pungent kick, prepare them the day before you plan to serve this board.
- Prepare the fruit and vegetables: Cut the lemon into 8 wedges. Cut the tomatoes into just under 1/4 “ slices. Cut the cuumbers into thin coins. Using a mandoline or a very sharp knife, cut the onion into paper-thin slices.
- Prepare the other components in the style that works best for you, then arrange everything on and around your board. Top with optional garnishes. Set out a toaster for anyone who wants a warmed or toatsed bagel. Come together and enjoy!