You have one Christmas party to host, five ugly sweater parties to attend, a dinner with the in-laws and exactly seven blemishes to tackle. Blemishes. They’re annoying on a daily basis, but they’re the worst when you have to show your face to, you know, a bajillion people during the holiday season. Well, we have a quick and dirty DIY solution that will get rid of them in a snap. This way you’ll have one less thing to worry about while you’re trying to dig up that old reindeer sweater your great-aunt Hilda gifted to you when you were 12.
WHAT YOU NEED
- tea tree oil (purest form) or astringent
- calamine lotion
- 2 containers (for mixing)
- a 2 to 3-inch-tall container
- a dropper
WHAT YOU DO
- Pour the calamine lotion into a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix in 2 parts tea tree oil with 1 part water.
- Using your dropper, fill 1/3 of your container up with calamine lotion.
- After the lotion has settled into the container, take the tea tree oil mixture and add it in.
- Finally before it’s ready for use, make sure to let it sit overnight so the ingredients separate.
If you’re in need of a blemish zapper, grab this DIY concoction. Using a Q-tip, be sure to stick it all the way into the bottle (so it picks up both the calamine and tea tree oil) and apply it to that unlucky blemish. Be sure only to apply it at night because it does emit a pinkish glow!