Barcelona on a Board
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Romesco Sauce
- 4 cups black and green grapes on the vine
- 8 dates
- 3 links Chorizo, cured
- 16 very thin slices Serrano ham
- 5 oz. Drunken Goat cheese
- 6 oz. Machego cheese
- 5 oz. Iberico cheese
- 8 tablespoons Cabreales cheese
- ¾ cup mixed olives,
- 1/3 cup Marcona almonds
- 1 tablespoon Pimenton (Spanish smoked paprika)
- ¼ cup Quince paste
- 1 long loaf Crusty bread
- Fresh figs, for garnish
- Pea shoots, for garnish
WHAT YOU DO:
- Make the Romesco Sauce and serve in a bowl.
- Prepare the dates: Make a small incision in each date, remove the pit and stuff each date with 1 Tbsp Cabrales cheese
- Slice about 1 ½ of the chorizo links into 1/4” slices, leaving at least 1 link whole for the board.
- In a small bowl, toss the almonds with the smoked paprika and serve scattered around the board.
- Slice the bread into ½” slices.
- Prepare the other components in the style that works best for you, then arrange everything on and around your board. Top with optional garnishes.
Recipe excerpted from On Boards