- 5 medium yellow-fleshed potatoes (about 2 lbs/1 kg)
- 2 hard cooked eggs, peeled
- ½ cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) 35% whipping cream
- ¼ cup (60 mL) sour cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 4 green onions, green parts only, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (60 mL) loosely packed, thinly sliced fresh mint
- 2 cups (500 mL) mixed berries (such as, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries)
- 1 cup (250 mL) firmly packed baby arugula leaves, stems removed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) balsamic vinegar
- Scrub potatoes and dice into ¾-inch (2 cm) pieces. Cook in large pot of salted water until tender. Drain well; let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mash eggs with a fork. Whisk in mayonnaise, whipping cream, sour cream, mustard, lemon juice, onions, and mint, until creamy. Add warm potatoes to dressing; season to taste with salt. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- To serve, in a medium bowl toss berries, arugula and balsamic vinegar; reserve some of the berries and arugula. Fold berry mixture into potato salad. Serve in a bowl or on a platter; garnish with reserved berries and arugula.
- Serves 8.
Chef’s Tip: There are many varieties of yellow-fleshed potatoes. They have a wonderful flavour and texture, perfect for potato salad. Look for Yukon Golds, Agria and Kennebec potatoes – all of these are perfect for this salad.
Recipe courtesy Dairy Farmers of Canada