Black Spider Web Devilled Eggs
Makes 12 bites
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon black food colouring
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoon buffalo sauce
- 2 tablespoon chives finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup crispy bacon
- 1 large pickle thinly sliced in rounds
WHAT YOU DO:
- Place the eggs in a pot and cover with water. Add in the black food colouring. Bring to a boil, remove from the heat and let them stand covered with a lid for 10 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the water and place them on a dishcloth. Using the palm of your hand gently roll the egg cracking the shell slightly. Place the eggs in a large bowl and pour the coloured cooking water back over them. Place into the fridge and allow them to sit overnight.
- Remove the eggs from the bowl and remove the shell, the eggs should have a grey/black marble effect!
- Slice the eggs in half, remove the yolks and place them into a bowl. Arrange the egg white shells onto a platter.
- In the bowl with the yolks add in mayonnaise, buffalo sauce, chives and season with salt and pepper. Combine until the mixture is smooth. Place it into a piping bag and pipe the mixture into the empty egg white shells.
- Top with crispy bacon and a pickle sticking out. Enjoy!
Photo credit: Shutterstock