WHAT YOU NEED:
- 10 strawberries, stems attached
- 2 large bananas
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 large avocado
- 8 oz. whipped cream cheese
- 3 slices white sandwich bread
- 4 slices brown sandwich bread
- 1 cup granola
- 1 cup smooth or crunchy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons nsweetened coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- Fresh thyme, for garnish
WHAT YOU DO:
- Prepare the fruit and vegetables: Slice the bananas in half lengthwise and leave the cut sides down to prevent browning. Cut the grapefruit into wedges. Last minute: Slice the avocado.
- Toast the bread.
- Prepare the other components in the style that works best for you (see page 23 for tips) then arrange everything on and around your board. Top with optional garnish.
- Jam and honey would be great additions or easy substi- tutions for this board. Some of my favorite toast topping combos are peanut butter, banana and chia seed; cream cheese, strawberries and coconut; peanut butter, granola and sunflower seeds; and avocado, chia and a squeeze of grapefruit juice.
- Serve gluten-free granola in a slightly bigger bowl with a side of milk or yogurt for a gluten-free option.
Recipe excerpted from On Boards