Butter roasted tomatoes with mozzarella and baguette for dipping
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 can diced tomatoes (796ml), drained
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp red wine (optional)
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp dried oregano leaves
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 baguette
- Optional: torn fresh basil and balsamic glaze
WHAT YOU DO:
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Pour the drained tomatoes into a small glass baking dish (8×8)
- Stir in garlic, red wine (if using) butter, oregano and pepper and place in oven, cook uncovered for 45min.
- Remove from oven and use a fork to mash the garlic and tomatoes together. Return to the oven for another 15min.
- Sprinkle mozzarella over the top and return to oven to cook for an additional 2-3min until the cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and top with optional garnishes.
- Serve with baguette for dipping.