Makes 2 cups
WHAT YOU NEED:
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons water
- 2 cups unsalted mixed nuts
WHAT YOU DO:
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the icing sugar, salt, cayenne, curry, and cinnamon until well combined. Whisk in the water then stir in the nuts until all are evenly coated with the sugar and spice mixture.
- Transfer the nuts to the prepared baking sheet and arrange in a single layer, making sure that the nuts don’t stick together. Drizzle any remaining glaze over the nuts and bake in the preheated oven for 11 to 13 minutes or until crusty on top and caramelized on the bottom.
- Immediately remove the parchment paper from the baking sheet and allow the nuts to cool completely. At this point, the nuts should be dry to the touch. If they aren’t, pop the parchment and nuts back onto the baking sheet and bake for another few minutes.
- When cooled, remove the nuts from the parchment and break apart any clusters. Transfer them to an airtight container or tin for gifting or serving on a cheeseboard.