This snack is worth the time it takes to make.
Caramelized Onion and Sour Cream Dip
What you need:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 8 yellow onions, peeled and sliced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
What you do:
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pot, sauté onions in olive oil over medium heat and season with salt and pepper. Stirring occasionally, cook for 40 minutes (or until caramelized).
- Let the onion mixture cool. In a large bowl, combine sour cream and onion mixture.
- Season with salt, pepper and sprinkle with parsley to serve.
- Serve with chips, toasted baguette or crudité.