Cauliflower Beef Fritters
These are addictive and are perfect for eating out of hand on a busy night or at a holiday party.
WHAT YOU NEED:
WHAT YOU DO:
- In a nonstick skillet, cook beef, breaking it up with a spoon, for 8 minutes or until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook cauliflower for 10 minutes or until soft; drain well and return to pot. Using a potato masher, mash cauliflower. Stir in beef, garlic, flour, cilantro, curry powder, salt, pepper and eggs until well combined.
- Wipe out skillet and heat oil over medium heat. Scoop 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) beef mixture into pan and flatten slightly with a spatula.
- Add a few more fritters, without overcrowding. Cook, turning once, for about 5 minutes or until golden brown on both sides and hot in the center.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel and keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining beef mixture.