- 1 cup edamame beans, in shell, blanched and drained
- 1.5 tsp canola oil
- .5 tsp diced chilis, birds eye
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp walnuts, crushed fine
- .5 tsp maldon salt or fleur de sel
- Heat a cast iron pan until it’s smoking, test by flicking water onto pan. The drop of water should instantly evaporate.
- Place beans into pan, mix around a bit, make sure they’re spread spread out.
- Add oil to pan. There will be immediate action, smoke and char, maybe a little flame.
- Add chills to pan, mix, add walnuts and 1/2 the salt. Mix.
- Add maple syrup and mix briskly.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with remaining salt.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy The Beverley Hotel