- 8 tbsp. (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 12 pieces, plus extra for greasing
- 5 ½ oz Green & Black’s Organic Dark 70% Chocolate, finely chopped
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- pinch salt
- 3 large eggs
- ½ tbsp. high quality bourbon
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- whipped cream, to serve
- Position a rack in the top third of the oven and preheat to 350°F. Thoroughly butter an 8” round, 2” deep pan.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, allowing it to sizzle and get very hot. Remove from heat, add the chocolate, and whisk until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, flour and salt. Whisk in the eggs and the bourbon, continuing to whisk until combined.
- Stir the brown sugar into the cooled chocolate mixture to combine. Slowly stir the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Place the pan on a wire rack and let cool completely. Unmold the cake onto a serving plate and serve with whipped cream.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Recipe created by Nick Malgieri and courtesy of Green & Black’s Organic