Classic Baked Apple
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 4 Red Prince or firm McIntosh apples
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- Vanilla ice cream
WHAT YOU DO:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF, line a square baking dish with aluminum foil, and give it a spritz with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using a melon baller or a small spoon, remove the cores of the apples by scooping a well into middle about ¾ of the way down. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon among the apples and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, remaining cinnamon, melted butter, and salt and mix well. Nestle the apples into the prepared baking pan and stuff about ¼ cup of the mixture into each of the apple wells.
- Bake the apples for 30 to 40 minutes or until the crumble mixture is browned and the apples have softened.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.