- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tbsp. instant coffee powder
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 king size Coffee Crisp bar, finely chopped
- frosting of choice
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Beat the butter and sugar until smooth. Add one egg at a time, beating after each addition.
- Dissolve the instant coffee in 1 tbsp. of hot water and add to the egg mixture along with the vanilla. Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl and add half to the egg mixture, mixing briefly. Add ½ of the sour cream and mix briefly before adding the rest of the flour mixture. Mix again before adding the remaining sour cream.
- Add the batter to a round 9” pan and spread evenly. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow cake to cool completely ,remove from pan and top with your favourite frosting flavour — we recommend mocha! Lastly, sprinkle with finely chopped Coffee Crisp.
- For a double layer cake: Double the ingredient quantities and bake two cakes according to recipe. Cool the cake layers completely and remove from pans. Frost cooled cakes with your favourite flavour, then place them directly on top of each other.
Top with finely chopped Coffee Crisp and enjoy!
Makes 16 servings.
Recipe courtesy Coffee Crisp