Couscous Caprese Salad
Serves 4 (or one with leftovers!)
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 cups couscous
- 1 cup arugula
- 1–1 ½ cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup cocktail bocconcini or cubed mozzarella
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, or more to taste*
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, or more to taste*
- Salt and pepper
WHAT YOU DO:
- Set water to boil in your electric kettle. Add the couscous to a large heatproof bowl, add in a good pinch of salt, and set out a plate that fits snuggly over top. When the water boils, measure out 2 cups and pour it into the couscous. Give it a stir and quickly cover the bowl with the plate. Allow the couscous to sit, undisturbed, for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep all of your ingredients.
- When the couscous has cooked, remove the plate and fluff it with a fork. Toss in the arugula, chicken, tomatoes, cheese, and basil and dress with the vinegar and oil (or prepared salad dressing). Season the salad with salt and pepper and enjoy warm or store in the fridge for a cold lunch or dinner.
- If available, pick up the meat, veggies, and cheese from your dining hall’s salad bar. That way, you only have to buy what you need!
*You can also just use some pre-made balsamic salad dressing