Creamy Coconut Mushroom Chicken
Sliced chicken breasts smothered in a creamy dairy-free mushroom sauce is a delicious meal that’s ready in 10 minutes!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 small chicken breasts (425g) thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 cups sliced mixed mushrooms (shitake, cremini)
- 1/2 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 3-4 handfuls of fresh baby spinach
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley for garnish
WHAT YOU DO:
- In a large non stick skillet, heat the avocado oil on medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken strips to one side of the pan and sliced mushrooms on the other side. Season with garlic powder, turmeric, chilli flakes, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir and cover.
- Cook the chicken on each side for 4 minutes, while tossing the mushrooms occasionally to sautė them. Depending on the thickness of your chicken you may need to cook for an extra minute or until no longer pink in the center.
- Turn the heat up to high. Pour in the coconut milk and toss in the spinach. Stir, cover, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Uncover the pot, stir and let sit for 2 minutes with the heat turned off to thicken up slightly.
- Serve on brown basmati rice or quinoa and garnish with fresh parsley. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.