Entertainment Celebrity
  • Facebook
    Facebook
  • Twitter
    Twitter
  • Pinterest
    Pinterest
  • +
  • Linkedin
    Linkedin
  • WhatsApp
    WhatsApp
  • Email
    Email
SHARE THIS
  • Facebook
    Facebook
  • Twitter
    Twitter
  • Pinterest
    Pinterest
  • Linkedin
    Linkedin
  • WhatsApp
    WhatsApp
  • Email
    Email

Last week, Kevin Hart was rallying the troops for hurricane relief. This week, he’s at the center of a public extortion case over a sex tape. And so it goes in Hollywood. Hart posted an emotional video over the weekend apologizing to his wife, kids and fan base for a ‘mistake’ he made recently. While the video was pretty vague, more details have come to light since then.

‘I’m at a point in my life where I feel like I have a target on my back. And because of that I feel that I should make smart decisions. And I didn’t,’ he starts the video.

‘I put myself in an environment where only bad things can happen and it did. And in doing that, I know that I’m going to hurt the people closest to me that I’ve talked to and apologized to, being my wife and my kids.’ He went on to explain in vague terms what a rep later confirmed to TMZ was a ‘failed extortion attempt.’

‘There’s no excuses for your wrong behaviour. At the end of the day I just simply need to do better. But I’m also not going to let another person have financial gain for my mistakes and in this particular situation, that’s what was attempted. I said, ‘I’d rather fess up to my mistakes,” he concluded.

According to multiple reports, Hart was captured on video engaging in ‘sexually suggestive conduct’ with actress/model Montia Sabbag in a hotel room in Las Vegas. He was then allegedly extorted for up to $10 million and threatened that the footage would go public if he did not pay up. Rather than allow others to profit off his mistake, Hart came clean to his family and fans.

Sabbag came out later in the week and claimed that she was not the one who was extorting Hart, suggesting that there is a third party involved and that she too is a victim. Her lawyer said in a press conference Wednesday that Sabbag is not looking for money from Hart and is not making any claims against him.

This isn’t even the first time this summer that Hart has been accused of infidelity. At the beginning of July, tabloid sites posted that Hart was caught cheating on his pregnant wife, providing (incredibly blurry) pics to prove it. Hart seemed to shrug it off with an Instagram post at the time saying, ‘At the end of the day you just gotta laugh at the BS.’

#LiveLoveLaugh …..SMDH

A post shared by Kevin Hart (@kevinhart4real) on

His ex-wife, Torrei Hart, (with whom the comedian has two children) also claims that the reason for their failed marriage was Hart cheating on her with now-wife Eniko Parrish. Parrish denies these claims, shooting back on Instagram, ‘Their marriage was broken way before I came in the picture. They were separated, living in separate homes. I was never a secret. She knew that as well. Don’t believe the hype.’ The comment has since been deleted.

As for Hart and his family, they seem to be working through the scandal. He and Parrish will be going ahead with their $118, 000 baby shower on October 1 as planned. E! News also reported that an ‘insider’ says the couple has no plans for divorce.

‘Eniko is aware of what’s going on and that Kevin is not perfect,’ they wrote, ‘She has accepted his apology and is focused on her pregnancy and what’s to come. She has no plans for divorce. She believes Kevin is a good husband and always comes home to her.’

TMZ has reported that there is an ongoing FBI-run criminal investigation into the identities of the extortionists and the alleged illegal taping of the couple.