Unless you’ve been living under a
rock bucket, you already know about the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge that’s been sweeping the Internet by storm. What you might not know is that many, many people are doing it all wrong. Their mistakes have given us hours of (hilarious!) footage that also offer some practical advice. So before you accept the challenge yourself, please follow these IMPORTANT rules:
1. Do at least four sets of 12 bicep reps… Unless you want to end up like this:
Or like this:
2. Don’t let little children help you with the challenge. They always ruin everything.
3. You know what, let’s just ban all kids under the age of 16 from doing it:
4. It’s cool if you and your best friend want to wear matching outfits. Just please don’t wear wedges on grass:
5. Do not, we repeat, do not let someone convince you that throwing a bucket full of ice off a deck/balcony/elevated surface is a good idea:
That looks SO painful:
And so does this:
6. Do recruit your most-trusted confidants to toss the ice water on you. Just make sure they’re not double agents:
This “friend” totally let go on purpose:
7. Don’t do this challenge in an enclosed area such as a bathroom. You do not have ample room, people!
8. What you really need to do is invest in a helmet:
9. Don’t try to be fancy. A simple bucket will do the trick just fine.
Seriously, just find a bucket: