Who doesn’t love a quick granola bar? When made at home, they’re a simple, fast and healthy way to curb hunger between lunch and dinner, to stash in your purse for a quick snack on the go, or to give to your hangry friend the next time he or she really needs a damned snack.
The good news is that making your own healthy granola bars really is easy peasy. All it requires is mixing up a bunch of ingredients in a bowl, smattering the concoction in a dish and freezing it for an hour or so before cutting it into bars. Ta da! Healthy granola bars in under an hour — and for way less than the cost of buying them in the store.
Don’t believe us? Check you this video above for a can’t fail homemade Triple Berry Bars, as inspired by the famous Clif brand. No worries though — these suckers are definitely way better for you!
What you need
- 1/3 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- 1/3 cup freeze-dried raspberries
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup freeze-dried blueberries
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup agave or honey
What you do
- Throw your freeze-dried berries into a food processor, whizzing them up until they’re in tiny pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix the fruit, rolled oats, salt, and blueberries together. Stir in the almond butter and agave and mix together until the mixture turns into a dough-like consistency.
- Transfer the mixture into a pan, pressing it down evenly with a spatula.
- Freeze the pan for at least an hour and then carefully cut into bars using a sharp knife.