Instagram-worthy beauty trends may not be for hanging by the fire drinking eggnog, unless you’re Melissa Grelo, but for the rest of us, when you’re hitting the town for your holiday parties, there’s no better time to glam up your beauty routine!
Whether you’re a pro like me or playing with shimmer for the first time, founder and lead makeup artist of I Do Beauty, Janine Holmes, knows exactly how to shine this holiday party season.
Duo Chrome Lips
A classic red lip is a holiday party staple, but why not take it to the next level? The duo chrome lip trend is a great way to shake it up, and when you think of two classic colours for the holidays, it’s red and green.
- Apply a beautiful shimmer red liquid lipstick (STILA Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick).
- To create that two-tone effect, use a holographic green eyeshadow to the centre of the lip.
If you’re into DIY crafting projects, you’ll love the pre-prep to achieve these glitter lashes.
- Grab some false lashes (try these ones from KISS).
- Apply lash glue to the tips of the lash and then just sprinkle glitter on top.
- Once the glue is dried you have this cool effect to the tips of the lashes that look like sparkly snowflakes on the eyes.
‘Tis the season for smoky eyes!
- Take a darker black shadow on the inner and outer corners of the eye and use a light champagne tone in the centre which really creates dimension on the eyes.
- To take this look even further, use a champagne glitter gel (Hard Candy Glitter Gel Eye Palette) and pop it in the centre of the lid.
Is it even the holidays without glitter, glitter, and more glitter?
- Apply this Glitteratzi Press & Play lipstick from Hard Candy. These liquid lipsticks are magical. At first it simply looks like a neutral toned matte lipstick. Simply apply it and press your lips together and, like magic, sparkles appear!
Glitter brows are an extension of the current brow trend to have a textured, brushed up brow.
- Take a glitter hair spray that you can pick up a party supply store, spray it into a dish then take a disposable mascara wand to grab the product.
- Then comb the glitter spray through the brows in an up and outward direction. This will groom the brows into place and add that subtle sparkle.
- Use Lise Watier’s Glitter Eye liner in Silver Stars. This is a great look on its own but if you want to take this look to the next level, add a little lash glue on top of the liner and then take flat back crystals and place them right along the lash line.
- Try pairing this dramatic eye with a high-gloss. Gloss is back and it’s the perfect partner for such a bold look.
Crystal Liner Frame
This metallic sparkle liner close to the lash line is a perfect trend to wear for the holidays.