Beauty expert Carly Ostroff highlights her favourite launches of the season, all under $50.
Lipstick Queen Nothing But The Nudes, $32 each
- WHY WE LOVE THEM: Lipstick royalty Poppy King is known for some really outrageous colours, but now she’s introducing a new line of nudes for fall. They come in three ultra creamy wearable colours for every day, and are formulated with Vitamin E and natural oils and waxes. These lipsticks are really moisturizing and have the right subtle sheen. Plus, they’re all universally flattering, so you can’t go wrong with the pinky nude, peachy nude or beige nude.
Benefit Cosmetics Foolproof Brow Powder, $32
- WHY WE LOVE IT: The strong brow trend isn’t going anywhere, but how we approach is changing. Instead of the extreme Instagram brows we’ve seen, now we want to enhance what nature’s given us in a natural, but better-than-natural way. Enter this all-in-one brow powder kit by Benefit Cosmetics, which has all the powders you need to achieve real and full-looking brows. The majority of brow products come in only one shade, but this one comes with two so you have dimensional colour applications at your fingertips. It’s so easy; you literally follow the guide, and build out from light to dark.
Glossier Wowder, $27 USD
- WHY WE LOVE IT: Glossier is the brainchild of Emily Weiss who is the founder of the popular website Into the Gloss and luckily for all of us, the NY-based company has finally launched in Canada. Now, the cult fave line has a new addition called Wowder. After seasons and seasons of dewy skin, we’re having a moment for matte (but not flat) skin finishes. This powder, which comes in three shades for all skin tones, is designed for non-dewy days. It cuts shine, blurs pores and sets skin so you can literally undo the dew.
Quo Brush Set
- WHY WE LOVE IT: Beauty tools can get expensive, but now you can actually get a complete brush set for under $50. This set by Quo comes with six brushes, so it has everything you need to apply all your makeup. The set comes in a marble makeup bag, which makes it easy to toss in your bag and go.
NEUTROGENA Light Therapy Acne Mask, $46
- WHY WE LOVE IT: Facemasks have been a thing for a while, but this version will light up your world—literally. And while this light therapy mask looks like it’s made for Stormtroopers, its ability to fight acne is next level. This kind of LED blue light technology was formerly only available at the dermatologist’s office, but now you can use it from home to clear and improve skin. Start by washing and drying your face completely and then wear the mask for 10 minutes daily for optimum results.
KORRES Greek Yoghurt Under Eye Priming Moisturiser, $42
- WHY WE LOVE IT: If you’re not familiar with this brand, you want to get to know KORRES a bit better because it’s a Greece-based company that started out of a homeopathic pharmacy 20 years ago, and it’s really focused on creating products using the highest-quality ingredients. It’s no surprise then that the hero ingredient for them this fall is Greek yoghurt. I’m a big fan of this one because it contains 26% Greek yoghurt proteins, which smooth skin and improve fine lines, giving you a perfect base to apply foundation.
The Body Shop French Grape Seed Scrub, $32
- WHY WE LOVE IT: This luxurious scrub harnesses the power of the grape seed, which has high polyphenol content, an antioxidant known to firm up skin. The grape seed in this product is sourced from France and it’s mixed with organic sugar from Paraguay to exfoliate the skin. In the shower or bath, you want to massage the product in to exfoliate skin and stimulate circulation for an even skin tone.
Essie Fall 2017 Collection, $10 each
- WHY WE LOVE IT: The first thing you’ll notice about Essie’s Fall 2017 collection is that the colours are really unexpected for the season. We’ve seen the ‘90s trend pick up again, and this collection keeps it going. The six shades are all about mixing the baby doll sweetness with punk vibes. Extend the wear by reapplying top coat every couple of days.
Pantene 3 Minute Miracle Daily Conditioner, $6
- WHY WE LOVE IT: When you’re busy, the last thing you want to do is spend an hour on your hair. This deep conditioner is great because it super-charges your hair care routine in just three minutes. Pick from six options to best suit your hair type. The products hydrate your hair, repair damage, or eliminate frizz for up to 24 hours.