What do you do when your mom has been diagnosed as terminally ill, you’ve called things off with the supposed love of your life, your clinical trial has been outsourced to a new hospital and you’ve just learned that you’re pregnant?
If you’re Alex Reid on Saving Hope you get out of Dodge, naturally. And really, we can’t say we blame her. We are a little concerned about the fact that no one – especially Charlie – seems to be concerned about finding her, though.
Okay, sure, so Hope Zion’s chief of surgery had some more pressing things on his mind Sunday night, such as this week’s big case involving two lovers who only got together once a year to enjoy a weekend-long fling of sexy fun. But as they proved there are always strings attached when matters of the heart are involved, and thanks to some medical complications involving a lodged fish bone, it came out that she was married to someone else.
And sure, Charlie also had to worry about the fact that Palmer is on to him. See, when you’re kind of dating the chief of surgery’s ex, you definitely pick up on details that most fail to see. So the fact that Charlie knew there was a woman laying on the elevator floor, and the fact that he knew it was a fish bone causing her to bleed out seemed pretty suspicious to Palmer. Add in all of the other times Charlie just so happened to have a correct hunch (and the fact that Palmer caught him talking to himself), and it seems like the cat is about ready to come out of the bag. But just when we were preparing ourselves for the whole “I see dead people” line to come out, talk finally turned to Alex and where the heck she’s been.
Charlie’s first real clue should have been the fact that Alex didn’t return his call when Luke had a bit of a fever. We all know she’s a good mom who would definitely want to check in if her son was sick. But Charlie chalked it up to Alex being Alex, and only Palmer seemed concerned at her complete disappearance. So… who’s the real soul-mate now?
Okay, to be fair, it’s probably still Charlie. And now that he found Alex’s loosely discarded pregnancy test (who leaves a secret pregnancy test right on top of the garbage like that?) we’re betting he and Alex are finally going to figure their stuff out, sooner rather than later. And it’s about time: everyone tired of watching these two fighting against their relationship, please raise your hand.
Time to come home, Alex; real life awaits.
Other ‘Hope’ful moments from the episode:
- Shahir’s revelation that he wants to be a father was ridiculously cute. Here’s hoping for lots of familial bliss in his near future.
- Nice Dawn? Who knew she existed. It just goes to show you that people really can change… when they want something (like their old jobs back).
- So long Lefering, we barely knew you. Too bad you and Cassidy couldn’t figure out a way to make a relationship work, now that you’re no longer at the hospital.
- Speaking of Cassidy, we’re crossing our fingers that she gets that promotion after all. Even if Dawn wants her to work twice as hard as the guys in order to get it.
- Maggie mentoring Dr. Scott? That’s bound to be disastrous, and mostly because of him and his lazy attitude. We can’t wait to see what that professional relationship brings.