Fancy Tuna Wrap
Makes 2 wraps
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Tip: Save time by completing step 1 in advance.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 can (5 oz/142 g) tuna packed in oil, drained
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 3 or 4 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1–2 Tbsp (15–30 ml) mayonnaise
- 2 10-inch (25 cm) whole grain tortillas
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
WHAT YOU DO:
- In a bowl, stir together the tuna, celery, tomatoes and mayonnaise.
- Lay your tortillas out on a work surface. On each tortilla, lay down a lettuce leaf, then make stripes of the tuna mixture, grated carrot and avocado slices.
- Lift one side of the wrap over the filling. Now fold over the top and bottom, enclosing the filling. Roll the whole thing toward the open side until it’s closed. Wrap it snugly in plastic wrap or parchment paper.
Recipe excerpted from The School Year Survival Cookbook.