You’ve never had sweetcorn like this before.
Flame-Grilled Spiced Sweetcorn
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 4 sweetcorn cobs
- 2 tbsp chaat masala
- 1/8 – ¼ tsp chilli (chili) powder, or to taste a little unsalted butter or low-fat crème fraiche (optional)
- 1 lemon, cut lengthways into 4-6 wedges
WHAT YOU DO:
- Peel back the husks of the sweetcorn, leaving them attached to the cobs. Remove the silky bits and wash the cobs well. Mix the chaat masala and chilli powder in a small bowl.
- Preheat the barbecue. Grill the sweetcorn directly over a high heat, turning often with leaves, until lightly charred all over (if it rains you can do this directly over a gas flame). When cooked, smear each cob with butter or crème fraiche, if you want.
- Serve the sweetcorn with the lemon wedges and a little mound of the spice blend on the side. Dip the wedge in the spices blend on the side. Dip the wedge in the spices and rub them over the sweetcorn, squeezing a little lemon juice on as you do, and serve.