Life Parenting
  • Facebook
    Facebook
  • Twitter
    Twitter
  • Pinterest
    Pinterest
  • +
  • Linkedin
    Linkedin
  • WhatsApp
    WhatsApp
  • Email
    Email
SHARE THIS
  • Facebook
    Facebook
  • Twitter
    Twitter
  • Pinterest
    Pinterest
  • Linkedin
    Linkedin
  • WhatsApp
    WhatsApp
  • Email
    Email

It’s almost that time of year again, that day we celebrate mothers and everything they do. It also means it’s that time when emotional videos come out, intended to make you feel. You know the ones; they reach into your chest, grab hold of your heart and twist until you’re sobbing. Yeah, this is not that video — unless laugh-crying counts.

Kraft Macaroni & Cheese’s Mother’s Day campaign is unlike any other, not only because it’s saluting the moms who are “perfectly imperfect,” but also for acknowledging all the unapologetic swearers out there.

The brand has teamed up with Melissa Mohr, author of Holy Sh*t: A Brief History of Swearing, who reveals that a recent study found that 74 per cent of moms admit to swearing in front of their kids. Mohr says the other 26 per cent is full of, well, you know. Because let’s face it; being a mom who has to take care of little humans can be hard.

And that’s what Mohr’s there for, to provide moms who have a flair for the swear with alternatives to those oh-so-expressive expletives. But, there are times when “goofnuggets,” “shiitake mushrooms” and “son of a motherless goat” don’t always work — especially when you step on a GD Lego piece. Because those f*ckers hurt like hel— the dickens.

Sure, there are days when you feel like you can conquer the world; where if you looked up “Supermom” in the dictionary, your picture would be right next to it. And other days you’re that mom who picks up fast food most days of the week while one of the meals you make at home is KD.

Because just like there are occasions when we need to swear, there are times when life’s just too busy and you do what you have to do. And if all you can muster up is 11 minutes to wrangle up some KD (with hot dogs, we’re not total monsters!), then so be it. Hey, it’s not just the taste kids love; parents dig it too. So enjoy it. Happy f*cking Mother’s Day!