Say what you want about Taylor Swift, she of the squad-goaling and bad blood-creating who uses her exes for songwriting fodder, but she’s also a brilliant artist and businesswoman who knows how to cash in on her musical talents and super-stardom. Forbes has released their list of Highest Paid Women in Music for 2016 and Swifty took the No. 1 spot — from none other than her arch-enemy,
Kim Kardashian Kanye West Calvin Harris Katy Perry.
Swift brought in an astronomical $170 million this year, from her 1989 World Tour, her Diet Coke and Keds ads, and who could forget when she fell off that treadmill in Apple’s TV spot? Come on, that’s where she really earned her paycheque.
For the rest of the ladies, check out the complete list below:
Forbes’ list of highest-paid women in music shouldn’t surprise you
10. Celine Dion ($27 million)It's been a rough year but her Vegas residency at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace has given her some stability.Getty Images
9. Shania Twain ($27.5 million)Like Celine, her steady gig in Vegas makes her the highest-paid country artist this year.Getty Images
8. Britney Spears ($30.5 million)Britney proved to b*tches everywhere that she was back, with her two-year deal at Planet Hollywood in Sin City.Getty Images
7. Jennifer Lopez ($39.5 million)J.Lo decided to cash in on the Vegas residency phenomenon, balancing her gig in Vegas with a couple of TV shows.Getty Images
6. Katy Perry ($41 million)She's on the list, thanks to the end of her $204-million-making Prismatic World Tour last year, but the 2015 topper dropped significantly. Still, we're not exactly feeling sorry for her.Getty Images
5. Beyoncé ($54 million)This is how you turn lemons into Lemonade.Getty Images
4. Rihanna ($75 million)Her stranglehold on Top 40 radio scored RiRi her 21st Top 5 single — tying Elvis Presley. Getty Images
3. Madonna ($76.5 million)Like a fine wine, Madge just keeps getting better. Her Rebel Heart tour grossed $170 million, a nice addition to her $560 million net worth.Getty Images
2. Adele ($80.5 million)She's one of the few artists who makes most of her money from album sales, but her arena shows helped put her in a respectable but distant second place too...Getty Images
1. Taylor Swift ($170 million)The only musician on the list to make nine figures, her North American 1989 tour alone grossed over $200 million, slaying the Rolling Stones' record.
Until next year, Swifty.Getty Images