- 2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups (1 L) Campbell’s Ready to Use Vegetable Broth
- 1 lb (454 g) ripe fresh apricots
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) minced shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) green onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 20+ mint leaves, chiffonade
- 1/4 (or more) tsp. (1 mL) minced fresh jalapeño
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Place 2 cups quinoa and 4 cups of Campbell’s broth in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until all the liquid is absorbed; about 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine minced shallot, green onions (white and light green parts only), parsley, and mint. Carefully remove the seeds from the jalapeño, mince, and add to veggies in the bowl. Slice the apricots in crescents around the pit with a paring knife over the bowl (6-8 wedges per fruit). Squeeze lemon juice over the fruit before stirring to prevent browning. Add olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Mix in prepared quinoa lightly to coat and distribute. Serve at room temperature.
- Serves four.
- Pairs well with seared scallops or grilled chicken.
- Apricots can be substituted with other accessible, fresh stone fruit like peaches, nectarines, or plums. Out of season, dried apricots can be used when rehydrated: place dried fruit in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to sit for 15-20 minutes until plump then strain and use as you would fresh fruit.
- Chiffonade is a technique used for cutting herbs and leafy vegetables into thin ribbon strips. To chiffonade mint, for instance, stack leaves and roll them into a tube and carefully cut perpendicular to produce fine strips.
- Grain Substitution: Salad can be easily replicated with pearl barley, or pasta such as pearl couscous or orzo.
- Substitute Campbell’s No Salt Added Vegetable broth to make this recipe gluten-free!
Recipe courtesy Campbell’s