THE LOOK: RED & ROSY
A lot of us go for a red lip during the holidays because it’s classic and very festive, but by adding a rosy cheek, you’re updating this look. The end result is fresh-faced and glowing, as if you just came in from the cold. Plus, it really speaks to the undone or blurred makeup trend we’ve been seeing all season.
- The key to this look is using the same colour all over the face, so you want to use a blush with red undertones to match your lip.
- After you’ve finished your complexion, pop the product onto the apples of your cheeks; this will give you a naturally flushed finish.
- Using your finger, dab your red lipstick or gloss on the lips; using your fingers keeps the look very effortless.
- Keep your eyes neutral or add a thin black eyeliner close to the lashes.
PRODUCTS TO TRY:
tarte limited-edition blush bazaar palette
MAC Retro Matte Lipstick in Ruby Woo
THE LOOK: METALLIC LINER
This is a bolder approach to the metallic eye we’re more familiar with, so if you love to make a statement with your eyes, this look is for you.
- Prep the eye with a natural base (i.e., flesh tones) because you want to keep the focus on the liner.
- Glide the metallic pencil as close to the lash line as possible and flick it out for extra drama.
- Coat on a couple layers of black or coloured mascara to really make the eyes pop.
PRODUCT TO TRY:
ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS Metallic Luster Liner
THE LOOK: GLITTER LIPS
Nothing says ‘holiday’ like glitter! But it doesn’t have to be the kind of glitter we associate with craft time when we were kids. Glitter can be grownup and super sexy.
- Hydrate your lips with your favourite lip balm and then apply a berry-toned lipstick.
- Using your finger, carefully press the glitter onto the centre of the lips, working your way outwards. The glitter can be in the form of a gloss, loose, a pressed pigment or even a cream, but you just want to make sure that you choose a tone of glitter similar to your lipstick for that ‘barely-there’ look.
PRODUCT TO TRY:
FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA Cosmic Gloss Lip Glitter in Gal on the Moonbeautystyle